Without A Paddle

11:11 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
For the most part, I consider myself a rather cultured person. I'm a member of the Denver Art Museum and I recently attended the Colorado Symphony's Rachmaninoff 3 as well as a Renaissance Biblical Sketch Exhibit. May will bring Vivaldi and the Impressionist Exhibit. My top two favorite authors: Jane Austen and Charles Dickens.

Then, there's the least part. Every once in a while I come across something crass, low ball and slightly white-trashy, that I just can't get enough of. Take for example, Monster Truck Rallys. I have no idea why, but I think they are absolutely fabulous. I mean who doesn't like to see things getting smashed and demolished?

As I write this blog, I am watching With A Paddle on TV for the umpteenth time. I know it's a terrible movie, but I love it. I laugh hysterically every time I watch it, and yet, I still feel like I've lost an IQ point by the time the movie's over. Some of my favorite lines:
'The hills have gone gay.' 'That's not gay, that's Culture Club.'
"That's gonna be an ugly mantle piece."
"Whoa... Matrix"
'The only chance we have to survive is to huddle together for warmth.' 'I for one choose death.'

Thank goodness for guilty pleasures. You know you all have them.....

1 comments:

Shannon And Tyler said...

I have always wanted to see that movie. We should get together and watch it one of these days